GoTriangle wants to hear about how service to the state fair can be improved!
GoTriangle currently provides service on the weekends to the NC State Fair. Similarly, GoRaleigh provides service from Raleigh, Cary and Garner, and GoDurham provides service from downtown Durham. If you took or are interested in taking transit to the NC State Fair, use the survey below to let our planning team know what would make the service easier to use.
Relax and save money and time when you take the GoTriangle shuttle to the N.C. State Fair each year!
GoTriangle State Fair Shuttles
We will provide Fair shuttles for the two weekends only: Saturday, 10/13, Sunday, 10/14, Saturday, 10/20 and Sunday, 10/21. Fair shuttle bus riders will be dropped off and picked up at Gate 1 of the fairgrounds.
The State Fair Shuttle uses a special pass that contains a round-trip (two rides). State Fair Shuttle Passes may be purchased at Regional Transit Information Center or on the State Fair Shuttle. You may also pay a cash fare. Exact change is required. Multi-day pass or GoPasses will not be accepted.
- Passenger 13 and older: $5
- Children 0-12: FREE
- Discounted fare (for those eligible for reduced fare): $2.50
- GoTriangle ID, Medicare card or government-issued identification is required
Our shuttle serves three locations:
- UNC, South Road at Country Club | Map
- NC 54 park-and-ride lot | Map
- Regional Transit Information Center | Map
GoDurham State Fair Shuttles
- Opening Day (Thursday, 10/11): The first shuttle will leave Durham Station at 3 p.m.
- Mondays-Saturdays: 10 a.m. - midnight (hourly)
- Sundays: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- The last departure from the fairgrounds returning to Durham at 7 p.m.