*Served by GoTriangle ODX
GoTriangle is continuing its search to find a replacement for the North Hillsborough Park-and-Ride to allow Orange County and Hillsborough residents to access the Orange-Durham Express (Route ODX). That bus route provides peak hour bus service between Mebane and Hillsborough to the Duke/VA Medical Centers and downtown Durham. The Park-and-Ride lot will include parking for 35 to 50 daily customers, transit amenities and capacity for two buses at a time. We’re looking at sites along US 70 with general area between NC 86 and St. Mary’s. Here is an update on the effort and our progress to date:
Adopted Plans and Programs
The 2014 Orange County Bus Program highlighted a need for a Park-and-Ride lot along the US 70 corridor. The program was adopted by the Orange County Commissioners and the GoTriangle Board of Trustees. The Orange County Bus and Rail Investment Plan was adopted.
• GoTriangle was operating a park-and-ride in North Hillsborough on private property from the summer of 2014 to the summer 2015. The property was sold and the new property owner told GoTriangle that the lease would end in the fall of 2015.
• GoTriangle has been actively working with the Town of Hillsborough and Orange County to identify a permanent location for a park-and-ride.
• We reached out to businesses, residents, and a church in an effort to secure a location.
• We met with New Hope Church and discussed improving their parking lot to make it suitable for a park-and-ride. We had a number of productive conversations but were unable to reach an agreement.
• We expanded our search and met again with the Town and County to discuss potential sites. We identified a potential location and have reached out to the property owner. We are currently evaluating the site to determine whether it is suitable for a park-and-ride location. We will continue to provide updates as soon as we know more.
Served by GoTriangle Route 800 and 800S
Renaissance is a free park-and-ride, located in front of the HomeGoods along Renaissance Parkway. To access, enter shopping center at traffic center near Tomato Jake's Pizzeria, turn right in front of Harvest 18, and then turn right into designated park-and-ride spaces.
The transit service planning staff are responsible for developing and analyzing bus route and schedule plans, including near-future transit service alternatives, intermediate-range service plans, and long-range service concepts. They also analyze and assist in the preparation of transit schedules and fare policies and are responsible for adding and improving bus stop amenities.
We would love your feedback on any aspect of GoTriangle service, including improving current routes or suggesting new routes or stop locations.
GoTriangle typically updates bus service twice a year as new routes are rolled out and existing routes are adjusted.
This section is under development. If you have any questions related to bus stops or service planning, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.