Riding a bike is a fun way to exercise, explore your community, enjoy nature, build friendships and get where you need to go. It's free transportation and good for the environment.
Check out our biking resources:
- Follow the Rules of the Road for biking safely.
- Most area buses are equipped with bike racks on the front. Find how easy it is to put your bike on the bus.
- Learn about the bike share programs available through the City of Durham.
- Track your trips to and from work to earn monthly prizes with STRNC.org.
- Look for GoTriangle or Triangle-area city staff at biking events to get a Bicycle Benefits sticker for your helmet and enjoy the discounts.
Help Plan a Better Bicycle Network in Raleigh
The City of Raleigh has contracted with Ride Report to plan for better bike facilities. Ride Report collects anonymous data using a mobile app that automatically detects bicycle travel. Users can rate their ride at the end of each trip. Learn more about Ride Report.
Looking for company?
Locate bike mentors or other cyclists who share a route and schedule similar to yours through our Share the Ride NC program. If you want to join a local club, check out our Maps, Clubs & Helpful Links page.