Carpool and vanpool are both awesome choices for getting out of your single-occupancy driving rut. A vanpool is like a carpool, but GoTriangle provides the van, insurance, and maintenance — all for a low, monthly fare. Many employers in the Triangle offer exclusive subsidies and discounts on Vanpool fare - see the list of employers here.
News: We are taking a great vanpool program and making it even better by partnering with Enterprise Rideshare. On March 28, 2018, GoTriangle's Board of Trustees authorized contracting with Enterprise to manage our vanpool program. Enterprise's expertise in fleet management, award-winning customer service, and existing relationships with employers throughout the region are the perfect combination to grow GoTriangle's vanpool program. We anticipate that the full transition will take three months. For more information about the change, check our FAQ page. If you have any questions during this time, please reach out to Vanessa Battle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-485-7462.
Join a current vanpool, or choose to start your own!
- Check our list of current vanpools to see if one fits your needs and has empty seats.
- If not, visit our create a new vanpool page to learn how to start your own.
- Visit our FAQ page and Vanpool Manual to learn more.
- Questions? Contact the Vanpool Manager at 919-485-7462 or by email at email@example.com.
Create a new vanpool just the way you like it.
Don't see a current vanpool that fits your needs? Create your own, however the vanpool must travel at least 10 miles each way. The minimum number to start a seven-passenger van is five passengers. A 12-passenger van requires nine passengers. The driver is included in the count.
Our friendly staff will help promote your vanpool by:
- Riders Wanted flyers to post around your workplace.
- Working with your employer to find co-workers for your vanpool.
- Searching through our online ride-matching database, ShareTheRideNC.org.
Find a carpool partner who's right for you in three easy steps:
- Join our online ride-matching service right here. When you register, you get a FREE list of matches - people who live and work near you with similar work hours. And they're interested in carpooling, just like you.
- Contact your matches to find your preferred carpool partners. You can start by carpooling once a week or every day. You decide with your carpool partner:
- How often you want to carpool
- When and where you want to meet
- Who will drive or if you will rotate driving.
- Give it a try! The average American spends 434 hours - that's 18 days! - in a car each year. Wouldn't you rather spend this time with a friend?
Worried about finding a ride in an emergency? We've got you covered. You simply need to sign up for the free Emergency Ride Home Program so you can get a taxicab or a rental car home in case of an unexpected event.