Carpool and vanpool are both awesome choices for getting out of your single-occupancy driving rut. A vanpool is like a carpool, but GoTriangle provides the van, insurance, and maintenance — all for a low, monthly fare. Many employers in the Triangle offer exclusive subsidies and discounts on Vanpool fare - see the list of employers here.
Join a current vanpool, or choose to start your own!
- Check our list of current vanpools to see if one fits your needs and has empty seats.
- If not, visit our create a new vanpool page to learn how to start your own.
- Visit our FAQ page and Vanpool Manual to learn more.
- Questions? Contact the Vanpool Manager at 919-485-7462 or by email at email@example.com.
Create a new vanpool just the way you like it.
Don't see a current vanpool that fits your needs? Create your own, however the vanpool must travel at least 10 miles each way. The minimum number to start a seven-passenger van is five passengers. A 12-passenger van requires nine passengers. The driver is included in the count.
Our friendly staff will help promote your vanpool by:
- Riders Wanted flyers to post around your workplace.
- Working with your employer to find co-workers for your vanpool.
- Searching through our online ride-matching database, ShareTheRideNC.org.
Find a carpool partner who's right for you in three easy steps:
- Join our online ride-matching service right here. When you register, you get a FREE list of matches - people who live and work near you with similar work hours. And they're interested in carpooling, just like you.
- Contact your matches to find your preferred carpool partners. You can start by carpooling once a week or every day. You decide with your carpool partner:
- How often you want to carpool
- When and where you want to meet
- Who will drive or if you will rotate driving.
- Give it a try! The average American spends 434 hours - that's 18 days! - in a car each year. Wouldn't you rather spend this time with a friend?
Worried about finding a ride in an emergency? We've got you covered. You simply need to sign up for the free Emergency Ride Home Program so you can get a taxicab or a rental car home in case of an unexpected event.