Route 310 Proposed Realignment
Route 310, serving Regional Transit Center, Perimeter Park, Morrisville, Park West Village and Cary Depot is being proposed for a service change that would include a minor realignment to the route. The purpose of this realignment would be to:
- Shorten the route by 2 miles reducing travel time and increasing on time performance at Cary Depot and the RTC.
- Add the ability to serve Perimeter Park Apartments, provide access to The Marketplace shopping center and give access to Duke and UNC Health locations.
- Stops no longer serviced on Paramount Pkwy will be serviced by stops remaining on Watkins Rd and Carrington Mill Rd.
Route 100 Detour
February 12th through August 31st sections of Blue Ridge Road and Hillsborough Street will be closed for construction of the new Hillsborough bridge over Blue Ridge. Riders that need to access the NCSU Veterinary School can take the NC State Wolfline Route 60 from Hillsborough Rd near campus as a transfer from the route 100.
- 8120 Blue Ridge at Westchase (Ramada Inn)
- 8119 Blue Ridge at Westchase (SB)
- 8129 Blue Ridge at Trinity (NB)
- 8124 Blue Ridge at Trinity (State Fairground)
- 1186 Hillsborough St at Veterinary School (EB)
- 1662 Hillsborough St at Veterinary School (WB)
- 1187 Hillsborough St at Meredith College (EB)
- 8587 Hillsborough St at Meredith College (WB)
- 1807 Faircloth St at Meredith College
- 1808 Faircloth St at Beaver Dam Dr
Alternative Service for Suspended Routes
Due to an ongoing shortage of operators, GoTriangle is forced to make the difficult decision to temporarily suspend both, the CRX and DRX routes, effective Monday, December 12, 2022. GoTriangle is working towards the reinstatment of the routes by March 2023.
There are alternative routes, stops, and park-and-rides available to express riders as described below. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to hire more operators.
CRX – Chapel Hill to Raleigh Express
Routes 100 and 800 operate in the same corridor as the CRX between Chapel Hill and Raleigh and can serve as an alternative for riders travelling between UNC/Chapel Hill and NCSU/Raleigh.
There are alternative park-and-rides available:
Affected Park-and-Ride: District Drive
There are three options:
Take Route 800 from any of these locations:
Regional Transit Center Park-and-Ride, 901 Slater Rd, Durham, NC 27709 (Map)
Streets at Southpoint Park-and-Ride (in front of Crate and Barrel), 8030 Renaissance Pkwy, Durham, NC 27709 (Map)
Renaissance Village Park-and-Ride (in front of HomeGoods near Renaissance Pkwy), 8200 Renaissance Pkwy, Durham, NC 27713 (Map)
Take Route 805
Rho, 2635 East NC-54, Durham, NC 27713 (Map)
Take Route 400
Patterson Place Park-and-Ride, Witherspoon Dr, Durham, 27707 (Map)
Affected Park-and-Ride: Eubanks Rd
There are two options:
Take Route 100 from Regional Transit Center Park-and-Ride, 901 Slater Rd, Durham, NC 27709 (Map)
Take Route 800 from Streets at Southpoint Park-and-Ride (in front of Crate and Barrel), 8030 Renaissance Pkwy, Durham, NC 27709 (Map) and transfer to Route 100 at Regional Transit Center
DRX – Durham to Raleigh Express
Routes 100 and 700 operate in the same corridor as the DRX between Durham and Raleigh and can serve as an alternative for riders travelling between Durham and NCSU/Raleigh.
There are alternative park-and-rides available:
Affected Park-and-Ride: Carter-Finley
Take Route 700 from Regional Transit Center Park-and-Ride, 901 Slater Rd, Durham, NC 27709 (Map). There are several options:
Transfer to GoDurham Route 6 to get to Flowers Dr and Trent Dr stops. You may also get to Duke Hospital by using the stop in front of the parking garage on Fulton St. The Route 6 departs once an hour between 6am and 12am at 6am, 7am, etc.
Affected Park-and-Ride: Carter-Finley
Take Route 700 from Regional Transit Center Park-and-Ride, 901 Slater Rd, Durham, NC 27709 (Map).
From Durham Station, take the Route 405 or 400 to get to Trent Dr and Erwin Rd.
NOTE: For the 6:30am to 8:30am Route 700 departures from the RTC, riders may stay on the Route 700 vehicle (no need to transfer) because the bus continues to Duke/VA as the Route 405.
Transfer to GoDurham Route 11 or 11B to get to Duke Hospital or the VA Medical Center. Use the stops on Fulton St in front of the VA Medical Center and parking garage. Routes 11 and 11B combine for 30-minute frequency to Duke University east and west campuses.
Take Route 405 or 400 and transfer to Route 700 at Durham Station.
NOTE: For all Route 405 afternoon trips, riders may stay on the Route 405 vehicle (no need to transfer) because the bus continues to the Regional Transit Center as the Route 700.
Service Changes for July and August 2022This section was updated on November 17, 2022
Thank you for providing feedback on the proposed service changes. The final service change recommendation, equity analysis, and a summary of the public engagement can be viewed here:
- Final Service Change Recommendation
- Title VI Service Equity Analysis
- GoTriangle Service Changes 2022 Engagement Summary
The GoTriangle Board of Trustees approved the service changes on June 22, 2022. Service changes to the Routes 300 and 305 will occur on August 7th, while the WRX and FRX service changes were effective on July 1st. GoTriangle will continue to operate a reduced service schedule due to the operator shortage.
Route FRX: Fuquay-Varina to Raleigh Express: The Fuquay-Varina to Raleigh Express Route (FRX) will be managed and operated by GoRaleigh. There are no changes to the schedule or stops. Effective 7/1/22 | Route Page
Route WRX: The Town of Wake Forest has moved the downtown Wake Forest park-and-ride to the Northern Wake Senior Center (235 Holding Ave). There are 23 parking spaces and a sidewalk connection to a new bus stop #1810 - Holding Ave at Brooks Ave (westbound). Minor schedule changes are included. Effective 7/1/22 | Route Brochure
Route 300: Schedule change to make the route more reliable during weekdays. Effective 8/7/22 | Brochure
Route 700: Detoured to serve bus stops on S. Miami Blvd and Slater Road. View the Brochure.
RTC to Durham Station
- #1563 Slater Rd at Emperor Blvd (Bright Horizons)
- #1499 Slater Rd at Page Rd (Coastal Credit Union)
- #1558 Slater Rd at Creekstone Dr (Duke Medicine)
- #1514 S Miami Blvd at Central Park Dr
- #1856 Miami Blvd at Guardian Dr (NB)
Durham Station to RTC
- #1513 Miami Blvd at Guardian Dr (SB)
- #1566 Slater Rd at S Miami Blvd
- #1221 Slater Rd at Page Rd (EB)
- #1222 Slater Rd at Emperor Blvd (Chelsea Place)
Continuation of 2021 Service Reductions due to Operator Shortages
In 2021, GoTriangle suspended service on several routes and trips due to the bus operator shortage. The reductions were put in place so that customers would not experience missed trips and to ensure a safe work environment for transit operations staff. The routes and trips were identified with the goals to maintain service coverage and continue to serve the highest number of customers. The reductions were implemented as an emergency response to the reduced staffing levels.
The following routes will continue to have reduced or suspended service that was put in place in June and November of 2021:
- Route 100: Reduce Saturday service to hourly
- Route 300: Minor schedule changes and end at 10pm at Cary Depot on Saturdays
- Route 301: Suspended until further notice
- Route 305: Revised schedule
- Route 310: Revised schedule with service every 60 minutes all day
- Route 400: Reduce Saturday service to hourly
- Route 420: Some trips suspended until further notice
- Route 700: Reduce Saturday service to hourly
- Route 800: Minor schedule changes and reduce Saturday service to hourly
- Route 800S: Suspended until further notice
- Route 805: Service reduced to every 60 minutes
- Route CRX: Minor schedule changes with some trips suspended until further notice
- Route DRX: Minor schedule changes with some trips suspended until further notice
The GoTriangle Board of Trustees has authorized the GoTriangle President/CEO to reinstate the service at a future date.
Routes 305, 310, ODX and RDU Shuttle
Effective immediately, routes 305, 310, ODX and RDU Shuttle will be serviced by smaller transit vehicles that require non-cdl licensed drivers. Though the demand for public transit is returning, the industry is experiencing a shortage of qualified bus operators. In order to continue to meet the demand of our riders, we are transitioning these routes to be serviced by smaller vehicles, allowing GoTriangle to avoid service disruptions. Vehicles will be marked with transit agency and route information. Real-time arrival information will not be available via TransLoc during this time.
If you have a question about your route, please call 919-485-7433.