Below are GoTriangle service changes that will be implemented on Sunday, January 26, 2020.
Revised routing between Streets at Southpoint mall and the Regional Transit Center for Route 800 to use I-40 at all times, providing a fast, consistent connection that is easy to understand.
- Route 800 will not serve NC 54 in the Fayetteville Road – Miami Boulevard section in Durham.
- Service on NC 54 in the Fayetteville Road – Miami Boulevard section will still be available on weekdays and Saturdays on GoDurham Route 12 (hourly between NC 54 at NC 55 and Fayetteville Road via Falls Pointe at the Park Apartments), GoDurham Route 12B (hourly between NC 54 at NC 55 and RTC) and GoTriangle Route 805 during weekday rush hours only.
- GoDurham Route 12 will provide night and Sunday service between NC 54 at Alston Avenue and Fayetteville Road. No night and Sunday service will be provided on NC 54 between NC 54 at Alston Avenue and the RTC due to low ridership.
- Route 800 frequency will not change.
Additional trip on Fridays only connecting the NC 54 at Alston Ave time point, departing at 2:44 p.m., with the Regional Transit Center, arriving at 2:55 p.m. and serving all the stops along the way.
Route 420 / CRX
New CRX stop and Route 420 timepoint at Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard and Perkins Drive in Chapel Hill to make it easier to transfer between the routes. Other minor schedule changes will be implemented on Route 420.
- A new stop will be added to Route CRX at Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard at Chapel Hill North (at Perkins Drive, STOP IDs: 3402 NB and 3606 SB) in Chapel Hill without needing to modify the route or adjust the schedule. Those who commute between Hillsborough and Raleigh via Route 420 will be able to make easy and well-timed connections there to and from Route CRX during peak periods. The stop will become a time point for Route 420, meaning the bus will never leave before its scheduled departure time. In both a.m. and p.m., passengers will have to cross the boulevard and catch the bus coming in the opposite direction in order to transfer between Routes 420 and CRX and vice versa.
- Churton Street at North Hills Shopping Center (Stop ID: 1757) will no longer serve as a time point for Route 420 because it is not a safe location for layovers and private traffic tends to back up there. More time for layovers will be added at the Churton Street at Margaret Lane (Orange County Courthouse) time point (Stop ID: 1762), and Cornelius Street (US 70) at Rainey Avenue (Stop ID: 1876) will become an additional time point.
- When entering service in the a.m. and p.m. at Manning Drive at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, Route 420 will pick up passengers at all stops on Mason Farm Road, Jackson Circle and East Drive.
- When entering service in the a.m. and p.m. at Cornelius Street (US 70) at Rainey Avenue in Hillsborough, Route 420 will pick up passengers at all stops on Churton Street.