Proposed Service Changes
GoTriangle would like your feedback on proposed service changes that would be implemented Jan. 25, 2020. This feedback will be incorporated into the final changes, which GoTriangle’s Board of Trustees will vote on in October.
Comments will be accepted until Oct. 4, 2019
Overview of Changes
- Route 800: Routing would be revised to keep Route 800 on I-40 at all times resulting in a faster, more consistent connection.
- Route 805: GoTriangle is proposing adding one trip on Fridays (only) connecting the NC 54 at Alston Ave time point, departing at 2:44 p.m., with the Regional Transit Center, arriving at 2:55 p.m. and serving all stops along the way.
- Route 420/CRX: At Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard and Perkins Drive in Chapel Hill, the CRX would add a stop and GoTriangle Route 420’s stop there would become a time point. This would make it easier to transfer between routes.
- Online: At bottom of page
- Phone: (919) 485-7592
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Service Planning
4600 Emperor Blvd, Suite 100
Durham, NC 27703
This proposal would revise the routing between Streets at Southpoint mall and the Regional Transit Center so Route 800 could use I-40 at all times, providing a fast, consistent connection that is easy to understand.
- Route 800 would not serve NC 54 in the Fayetteville Road – Miami Boulevard section in Durham.
- Service on NC 54 in the Fayetteville Road – Miami Boulevard section would still be available on weekdays and Saturdays on GoDurham Route 12 (hourly between NC 54 at NC 55 and Fayetteville Road via Falls Pointe at the Park Apartments), GoDurham Route 12B (hourly between NC 54 at NC 55 and RTC) and GoTriangle Route 805 during weekday rush hours only.
- GoDurham Route 12 would provide night and Sunday service between NC 54 at Alston Avenue and Fayetteville Road. No night and Sunday service would be provided on NC 54 between NC 54 at Alston Avenue and the RTC due to low ridership.
- Route 800 frequency would not change.
GoTriangle is proposing adding one trip on Fridays only connecting the NC 54 at Alston Ave time point, departing at 2:44 p.m., with the Regional Transit Center, arriving at 2:55 p.m. and serving all the stops along the way.
Route 420 / CRX
At Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard and Perkins Drive in Chapel Hill, the CRX would add a stop and GoTriangle Route 420’s stop there would become a time point to make it easier to transfer between the routes. Other minor schedule changes would be implemented on Route 420.
- A new stop would be added to Route CRX at Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard at Chapel Hill North (at Perkins Drive, STOP IDs: 3402 NB and 3606 SB) in Chapel Hill without needing to modify the route or adjust the schedule. Those who commute between Hillsborough and Raleigh via Route 420 would be able to make easy and well-timed connections there to and from Route CRX during peak periods. The stop would become a time point for Route 420, meaning the bus would never leave before its scheduled departure time. In both a.m. and p.m., passengers would have to cross the boulevard and catch the bus coming in the opposite direction in order to transfer between Routes 420 and CRX and vice versa.
- Churton Street at North Hills Shopping Center (Stop ID: 1757) would no longer serve as a time point for Route 420 because it is not a safe location for layovers and private traffic tends to back up there. More time for layovers would be added at the Churton Street at Margaret Lane (Orange County Courthouse) time point (Stop ID: 1762), and Cornelius Street (US 70) at Rainey Avenue (Stop ID: 1876) would become an additional time point.
- When entering service in the a.m. and p.m. at Manning Drive at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, Route 420 would pick up passengers at all stops on Mason Farm Road, Jackson Circle and East Drive.
- When entering service in the a.m. and p.m. at Cornelius Street (US 70) at Rainey Avenue in Hillsborough, Route 420 would pick up passengers at all stops on Churton Street.