Discount fare qualifications
Customers with disabilities enjoy discounts on one-way cash fare and on all passes. The discount one-way cash fare is $1 (or $1.25 on express routes). However, an acceptable ID must be presented each time a discount one-way fare or discount fare pass is used.
Many employers and universitiies in the Triangle offer exclusive commuter benefits, such as subsidies and discounts on bus passes and Vanpool fare. See the list of employers and universities here.
Free rides for youth and seniors!
GoTriangle offers a free Youth GoPass to teens ages 13 to 18! Find out where you can get one here. The Youth GoPass allows free rides on any GoTriangle, GoRaleigh, GoCary or GoDurham bus. Teens without a Youth GoPass pay half-price fare on GoTriangle buses.
Children 12 and younger ride free, as well as, seniors 65 and older. To ride free, seniors can show proof of age with a government-issued ID card with birthdate, including Medicare ID cards.
Accepted IDs for customers with disabilities
- GoTriangle discount ID card (Apply)
- GoCary, GoDurham or GoRaleigh discount ID card
- Medicare ID card (red, white, and blue)
- Braille Institute ID card
- Veterans Health ID card
- Proof of ADA eligibility from another transit system
How to get a discount ID card
Please fill out this application and bring it (along with proof of enrollment) to:
- Regional Transit Information Center, 901 Slater Road in Durham — 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Durham Station, 515 W. Pettigrew St. in Durham — 8:30 a.m.-11 a.m. and 12:30-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
A customer service representative will take your photo and process your application. ID cards typically take one business day to produce. Please tell the customer service representative if you would like to pick up your ID card at the RTC or have it mailed to your home. If you have any questions, please call the GoTriangle Information Center at 919-485-RIDE (7433).