May is Bike Month!
May is the perfect month to go biking in the Triangle. Head out on two wheels to explore new places and connect with nature and your community during Bike Month. There is a lot going on:
- 2 Webinars – one on Trails & greenways and another to find the right bike for you.
- Events, virtual bike tours and scavenger hunts – check out your town below.
- Great GoPerks prizes to local businesses! Every bike trip counts double in May, and it’s not too late to track trips in April for gift cards to bike shops to make sure your ride is ready
- And don’t forget safety refreshers, videos and North Carolina laws before you head out.
Check out these webinars and scroll down to find events and rides happening in your area!
IMPOSSIBLE: Triangle Trails Webinar
Find out more about the many trail systems in the Triangle. Join us for the next MISSION IMPOSSIBLE web event discussing the magnificent trails of the Triangle with Wake County Commissioner Sig Hutchinson. He’s a leader in advocating for trails and open space preservation and an avid bike rider who knows great rides for all skill levels. View the recorded webinar HERE.
Find The Right Bike for You Webinar | Recorded on May 6, 2021
Are you buying your first bicycle or a replacement? Whether it's your first or not, we'll give you details on how to select a bike for the rides you love. Local cyclists who know what it's like to ride a bike in the Triangle will walk you through selecting a bicycle based on how and where you ride, your body and abilities, and your budget. We'll also provide insight on safety gear and organizations that can help you with your ride.
- Tyler Dewey, Duke University - Alternative Transportation Lead
- Heidi Perov Perry, BikeWalkNC - Board of Directors, BikeCarrboro
- Mary Sell, Oaks and Spokes - Interim Executive Director
We'll have a Q&A, too, so you can feel confident in your bike selection and not be intimidated by all of the options when you make your purchase.
View the recorded webinar HERE