The GoTriangle Board of Trustees relies heavily upon its committees to review and make recommendations on issues to the full board. All committee meetings are held virtually and are open to the public. Meeting agenda and virtual links are provided on the board page.
Administration & Governance Committee
The Administration & Governance Committee is responsible for intergovernmental relations, policies and employee wellness, benefits and contracts. Mary-Ann Baldwin chairs the committee and Sally Greene serves as vice chair. Other committee members are Susan Evans, Valerie Jordan, Jennifer Robinson and Leo Williams.
Audit & Finance Committee
The Audit & Finance Committee is responsible for the budget, audit and accounting, and general finance matters. Susan Evans chairs the committee and Patrick Hannah serves as vice chair. The other members are ommittee members are Corey Branch, Mike Fox, Brenda Howerton, Vivian Jones and Michael Parker.
The Planning Committee oversees the agency's activities related to long range and strategic planning, land use, real estate transactions, agency goals, marketing and development. Brenda Howerton chairs the committee and Leo Williams serves as vice chair. The other members are Mary-Ann Baldwin, Michael Fox, Sally Greene and Jennifer Robinson.
The Operations Committee is responsible for short-range planning, overseeing GoTriangle service and capital projects. Michael Parker chairs the committee and Corey Branch serves as vice chair. The other members are Patrick Hannah, Vivian Jones and Valerie Jordan.
- Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization - Transportation Advisory Committee (CAMPO TAC): Patrick Hannah; alternate Jennifer Robinson
- Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization - Transportation Advisory Committee (DCHC TAC): Michael Parker; alternate Brenda Howerton
- Regional Transportation Alliance (RTA): Brenda Howerton
*Only the most recent set of minutes for monthly board meetings are online. For other minutes, please contact the Clerk to the Board.
Special Tax Board
The Special Tax Board consists of two members appointed from the Boards of County Commissioners of Durham, Orange and Wake counties. The current members include Nimasheena Burns and Brenda Howerton from the Durham County Board of County Commissioners; Jamezetta Bedford and Jean Hamilton from the Orange County Board of County Commissioners; and Matt Calabria and Susan Evans from the Wake County Board of County Commissioners.
The Special Tax Board meets in January each year to elect officers; additional meetings may be called. The Special Tax Board will meet in January 2024. The agenda and the virtual meeting link will be published on the Board of Trustees page, under the upcoming meetings section.
Transit Advisory Committee
The GoTriangle Transit Advisory Committee (TAC) was established in October of 2017 and is made up of 30 Triangle residents, with 14 from Wake County, nine from Durham County and seven from Orange County. Together, the committee helps to ensure that the GoTriangle Board of Trustees is informed of community issues associated with providing a high-quality transit network that serves the needs of our entire region by:
- Providing advice and feedback to the board during planning for public transportation systems.
- Offering views of constituent groups.
- Suggesting how transit can assist with equity issues, such as homelessness, affordable housing, economic opportunity and living with disabilities.
- Providing information regarding the customer experience of transit riders.
- Communicating stakeholder opinions, attitudes and needs to the board, identifying areas of concern and recommending changes