Coronavirus UPDATES: How GoTriangle is responding
Please read a statement from our interim President and CEO Shelley Blake Curran here.
MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020: DEAR COMMUNITY: We want to let you know that one of our GoTriangle bus operators sadly has tested positive for COVID-19 and that we are following all Wake County Health Department protocols. Find more information from Wake County here: http://wakegov.com/news/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=1205
STARTING MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020:
- GoTriangle will move to Saturday-level service Monday through Friday and Sunday-level service on the weekends. Please find those schedules here. For GoTriangle, this means the agency’s core routes will maintain 30-minute frequencies during the week and go to hourly on the weekends. GoTriangle also will end service early each evening with last trips:
Route 100 from Raleigh to RTC: 7:40pm
From RTC to Raleigh: 8:30pm
Route 300 from Cary to Raleigh: 8pm
From Raleigh to Cary: 8:30pm
Route 400 from UNC to Durham: 8:15pm
From Durham to UNC: 8pm
Route 700 from Durham to RTC: 8:05pm
From RTC to Durham: 8:30pm
Route 800 from UNC to RTC: 7:45pm
From RTC to UNC: 8:30pm
- Also Monday, GoTriangle will suspend service on the WRX, FRX and ZWX. Also, GoTriangle Route 420 will run only the 6 a.m., 7:30 a.m. and 4:25 p.m trips from Hillsborough to Chapel Hill and the 6:50 a.m., 3:40 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. north to Hillsborough.
- GoCary will move to Sunday-level service every day, but add trips to increase the service span from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Please find more information here.
- GoDurham, which already suspended all service after 9:30 p.m., will reduce frequencies Monday through Saturday on Routes 4, 5K, 7, 10B, 11, 11B and 20. Please find a list of those reductions here.
- Chapel Hill Transit has been running Saturday-level service since March 19.
- GoWake Access will be available to provide trips for essential activities between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. in areas where GoRaleigh, GoCary and GoTriangle are not operating in Wake County. GoWake Access will waive all fares for riders through April 30. Reservations must be made Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. and 24 hours in advance of the needed trip. To reserve a trip, please contact GoWake Access Transportation at 919-212-7005.
- GoRaleigh plans to move to a weekend schedule with a few exceptions. Routes serving hospitals and other essential facilities (Route 2 Falls of Neuse, Route 4 Rex, Route 15 WakeMed, Route 19 Apollo Heights) will continue to operate with weekday frequencies. Please check goraleigh.org for more information.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25, 2020: GoTriangle, GoDurham, GoRaleigh and GoCary have suspended all fare collections and instituted rear-door boarding. All ACCESS rides also are free. All agencies are still running regular schedules with few exceptions. Chapel Hill Transit is running Saturday-level service.
MARCH 22, 2020 -- Effective Monday, March 23, GoTriangle, GoDurham, GoRaleigh and GoCary will suspend all fare collections and ask all riders who are able to enter through the rear doors of buses in an effort to support social distancing and reduce contact with frequently touched surfaces such as fare boxes. GoTriangle and GoDurham ACCESS and Cary paratransit rides also will be free.
Exceptions will be made for riders who need to use the door nearest the bus operator for wheelchairs, strollers for infants or other mobility devices. Also, riders will not be allowed to stand on or near the standee line on the bus floor near the driver.
FRIDAY, MARCH 20, UPDATE GoTriangle, GoDurham, GoRaleigh and GoCary are running the same routes and levels of service as they were Monday. Chapel Hill Transit is running Saturday-level service Monday through Saturday and will not run Sundays. GoRaleigh is going to cut back RLine service Saturday.
THURSDAY, MARCH 19, UPDATE GoTriangle, GoDurham, GoRaleigh and GoCary are running the same routes and levels of service as they were Monday. Chapel Hill Transit has moved to Saturday-level service Monday through Saturday and will not run Sundays.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18, UPDATE All agencies are running the same routes and levels of service as they were Monday.
TUESDAY, MARCH 17, UPDATE All agencies are running the same routes and levels of service as they were Monday.
At GoTriangle, we have bought a fogger that administers disinfectant on buses that lasts seven days. We plan to fog each bus once a week in addition to all of the other precautions we are taking to disinfect high-touch areas.
MONDAY, MARCH 16 UPDATE Your Triangle transit agencies may eventually need to modify operations with guidance from local health departments. Today, GoTriangle and GoDurham are running normally. Chapel Hill Transit is running its UNC spring break schedule. GoRaleigh is running a modified Route 40X to Wake Tech Community College. GoCary has curtailed some paratransit service. If you have questions, please call our customer service associates at 919-485-7433.
THURSDAY, MARCH 5:
To ensure the safety of our staff members and passengers, GoTriangle is closely monitoring updates and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health departments about the new strain of Coronavirus known as Covid-19.
GoTriangle has hand sanitizer available on every bus, and the rails and seats are sanitized with commercial disinfectants as part of the daily cleaning process. Many of our buses are cleaned twice a day between the morning and evening peak-hour runs.
Check back here for updates. We will be sure to communicate any new information with our passengers.
Thanks for riding GoTriangle.