Commuters will soon have new bus service to help them through the second phase of the Fortify Rebuild Project. As work ramps up on I-40, new transit routes begin on January 12, 2015:
- New weekday peak service from the Cary Town Hall Parking Deck to NC State University and downtown Raleigh
- Service every 30 minutes from 6 A.M to 9 A.M. and 3:45 P.M. to 6:50 P.M. Monday-Friday
Route CTX – South Cary-Raleigh Express
- New weekday peak service from a Park-and-Ride at Wellington Park Shopping Center in South Cary to NC State University and downtown Raleigh
- Service every 30 minutes from 6:15 A.M. to 9:15 A.M and 4 P.M. to 7 P.M. Monday-Friday
Route FRX - Fuquay-Varina –Raleigh Express
- New weekday peak service serving two Park-and-Ride lots at South Park and Hilltop Crossings Shopping Center in Fuquay-Varina and downtown Raleigh
- Service every 30 minutes from 6:05 A.M. to 9:25 A.M. and 3:25 P.M. to 6:45 P.M. Monday-Friday
Route CLX – Clayton-Raleigh Express
- New weekday peak service serving a Park-and-Ride at the Clayton Town Center in Clayton, the Park-and-Ride at the White Oak Shopping Center in Garner and downtown Raleigh
- Service every 30 minutes from 6:20 A.M. to 9:40 A.M. and 3:40 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. Monday-Friday
The new peak hour service is funded by the NC Department of Transportation to help mitigate traffic congestion during Phase II of construction. The funding will be available through August 2016.
January 12th will see other changes including:
- The extension of the Orange-Durham Express (ODX) from Hillsborough to Efland and Mebane with a new Park-and-Ride at Cone Health in Mebane near Tanger Outlets
- Changes in the routing of the Johnston County Express (JCX) in downtown Raleigh
- Changing Route 303 to Route 300, serving the new Park-and-Ride at Cary’s Town Hall and relocating some bus stops
- The reduction in service on the Zebulon-Wendell-Raleigh Express (ZWX) from 30 minutes to 60 minutes during peak hours
The list of new service and route changes can be found at: www.triangletransit.org/jan2015. More information about Fortify related services including vanpools and carpooling can be found at www.my40ride.com.
For more information contact Brad Schulz at 919.485.7434 or firstname.lastname@example.org.