Public hearings are coming up on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit (D-O LRT) Project.
The public hearings follow last month’s release of the DEIS. The document reports on the environmental, transportation, social, and economic impacts associated with the transportation improvements in the Durham-Orange (D-O) Corridor, and the proposed 17-mile light rail project between Chapel Hill and Durham.
“This is an opportunity to express support, concerns, or questions about our environmental study,” said Natalie Murdock, Interim Manager of Communications and Public Affairs.
The public hearings will be held on these dates:
- Tuesday, September 29, from 4-7 P.M. at Grumman Auditorium in the Friday Center, 100 Friday Center Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
- Thursday, October 1, from 4-7 P.M. at the Durham County Commissioners Chamber, 200 E. Main Street, Old Courthouse – Second Floor, Durham, NC
Each speaker at the public hearing will be allowed two (2) minutes to comment.
The public, project partners, government agencies, and stakeholders can review the DEIS in several ways:
- Review a copy of the DEIS on the D-O LRT Project web site at www.ourtransitfuture.com
- Review a copy of the DEIS at www.gotriangle.org
- Review a copy of the DEIS at public libraries in Durham and Orange counties
- Review a copy of the DEIS at GoTriangle’s Administrative Offices
There are many ways to provide comments about the proposed D-O LRT Project and the information in the DEIS:
- By comment card at two public information sessions and two public hearings
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By postal mail to: D-O LRT Project – DEIS, c/o Triangle Transit, P.O. Box 530, Morrisville, NC 27560
- In person during public hearings in Chapel Hill and Durham
- Through the D-O LRT Project’s website at www.ourtransitfuture.com
GoTriangle anticipates that the EPA will close the public review and comment period on October 13, 2015.
If you have questions, please contact Brad Schulz, Communications Officer, at 919-485-7434 or email@example.com; or Natalie Murdock, Interim Manager of Communications and Public Affairs, at 919-485-7569 or firstname.lastname@example.org.