Triangle Transit and the Durham Area Transit Authority have been awarded Grand Awards and First Place Awards for Communications and Marketing in 2014. The awards were presented in Houston at the annual conference of the American Public Transportation Association (APTA).
“It’s always an honor to be recognized by your peers across the country,” said Damien Graham, Triangle Transit Director of Communications and Public Affairs. “We enjoy crafting new and unique ways to educate and inform our community about the many benefits of transit.” Over 500 entries were received nationwide.
The awards by the judges include:
- A Grand Award and First Place Award for “As The Bus Stops” – The three-part drama of riding the bus starring drama students from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- A Grand Award and First Place Award for “The 24 Project” – A profile of 24 riders of Triangle Transit using public transportation in a 24 hour period.
- A First Place Award for the Bull City Connector Dining Guide – Produced by Triangle Transit for the Durham Area Transit Authority (DATA). The award for print marketing recognizes excellence in a stop by stop look at great places to eat along the route of the fare-free Bull City Connector.
This is the third year in a row of national recognition by APTA for Triangle Transit and the first for the Durham Area Transit Authority under Triangle Transit’s management agreement with the City of Durham.
Triangle Transit improves the region’s quality of life by connecting people and places with reliable, safe, and easy-to-use travel choices that reduce congestion and energy use, save money, and promote sustainability, healthier lifestyles, and a more environmentally responsible community.
For more information, please contact Brad Schulz at 919.485.7434 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to the Award Winners:
“As The Bus Stops”
- Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe1j2ZStqkc&list=UUwoGpMsdXWSarEj4VuJTgDQ&feature=share
- Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdaPnv-89NQ
- Episode 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q32AMRcq9VY
The 24 Project
Bull City Connector Dining Guide