Riding the bus during inclement weather?
For real-time bus schedule and service updates that let you know when your bus will arrive at your stop:
- Visit GoTriangle homepage for updates and/or sign up for alerts.
- Call 919-485-RIDE.
- Visit us on Twitter.
- You can track bus locations and arrivals in real-time by downloading the TransLoc Rider app.
Before You Head Out
First, be sure to check the website or call 919-485-7433 for service change information. During the winter, dress in layers of warm clothes and wear slip-resistant footwear in case your bus is delayed. (In bad weather, buses may run behind schedule because operators are asked to drive slowly and put safety first.)
4 Tips for Bus Stop Safety
- Arrive at the stop at least 10 minutes before your bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Walk—never run—to the bus stop. Running can be dangerous. Slips and falls are more frequent types of injuries during winter months.
- Keep at least 15 feet between you and the bus as it approaches. Stand back from the curb and only approach the bus after it comes to a complete stop.
- Use handrails when stepping on and off the bus as the front and rear entrances can be slippery.
There are a few roads that GoTriangle most likely cannot serve during adverse weather.
The following roads are on a grade or are secondary roads that are lightly traveled and usually not treated or plowed.
- To and around RTC: Pleasant Grove Church Road; Emperor Boulevard from Page Road to Slater Road; Slater Road from Emperor Boulevard to Copley Parkway; Factory Shops Road approaching Airport Boulevard.
- Routes 100/105: Bridge over 540 on Slater Road, Copley Parkway and Factory Shops Drive
- Route 201: Parts of Millbrook Road and Shelley Lake park-and-ride lot
- Route 300: Bridge over 540 on Slater Road, Carrington Mills, Perimeter Parkway. Chatham Street leaving Cary Train Station
- Route 301: Walnut Street, Donaldson Drive, Buck Jones Road
- Routes 305/311: Apex-N.C. 55 and N.C. 64
- Route 400: University Drive-Chapel Hill Road from SW Durham Drive to Westgate Drive; Westgate Drive from Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard to University Drive; SW Durham Road from Old Chapel Hill Road to U.S. 15-501; Patterson Place Shopping Center
- Routes 400/405: Franklin Street from Boundary Street to Estes Drive
- Routes 400/405/700/DRX: Jackson Street from GoDurham Station to Vickers Avenue
- Routes 700/DRX: Parker Street
- Route 800: Barbee Chapel Road and Stagecoach Road
- Routes 800/805/CRX: Raleigh Road between South Road and N.C. 54; McCauley Street from Pittsboro Street and Columbia Street
- Routes 800/805/400/405: Pittsboro Street at Columbia Street exchange
- Route CRX: District Drive park-and-ride lot
- Route DRX: Westgate Drive exiting Carter-Finely park-and-ride lot
- Route ODX: Durham Tech park-and-ride lot; Washington Street; Richmond Road from U.S. 70; Efland Community Center
- OnDemand Shuttles: Development Drive, Louis Stephens Road, Kitt Creek Drive and Alexander Drive